My blog shares music, movies, fashion, food, history, animals and people that I think are exciting. Heavy emphasis on all things girly. I love fashion from the 18th and 19th centuries. I grew up young and impressionable in the 80's and did alot of musical theater.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Royal Wedding: What Hat To Wear?

I'm psyched about the upcoming royal wedding. Sure, I'm american & won't get a work day off. In fact since I work at a tea house I'll be working very hard. But I'm still jazzed. It's nostalgic to me. I was a small child watching the wedding on TV with Mom & all her friends, a party atmosphere. This wedding promises to be very different: it will be royal but more understated, more modern. I wish the couple sucess. Marriages can be hard even under normal circumstances. I hope they will stay happy and keep things going well. I love that Kate is modern but still lovely...she does not have the doe eyed demureness of Princess Di but she seems sparky and intelligent and able to hold her own which is important. And she rocks a very nice hat! I love that the hats have remained. I also like feather fascinators but they don't have the same oomph as a good hat. Even a small hat is better than a fascinator, especially for a big occasion like a wedding. What hat would you wear to the wedding? Here are some of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment